Monday, February 10, 2014

The Sawdust Chronicles 2010 Build Challenge Fun with Picasa

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Having documented my build with about 150 photos, Ive spent some time playing with them in Picasa. As it integrates so well into Blogger, I use Picasa for all my Penultimate Woodshop photos.
A Picasa generated collage of all 165 photos.
The first thing I did was make a collage. With Picasa thats as easy as selecting any number of photos and then hitting the collage button. If you dont like the way it arranges the images, you can have it re-arrange them automatically, or you can drag and drop them anywhere you like. Once youve settled, hit save and it turns the collage into one photo. The image above was made by selecting the whole photo and having Picasa re-arrange the images once automatically.

The next thing I did was make this video. Its really just a slide show of all 165 images, but I think its cool because it takes the viewer thought the entire process (could just be cool to me, since I lived the build). I could (should) have added music. Pleas forgive the fact that I didnt have my audio library connected to the computer when I did this.

If fancy collages and slide show videos dont do it for you, then just check out the Build Challenge photo folder.

How do you document your builds?

The Sawdust Chronicles 2010 Build Challenge, Part I
The Sawdust Chronicles 2010 Build Challenge, Part II

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment