Sunday, February 23, 2014

On a MCM kick!

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
I picked up another credenza for a heck of a deal! This was made my Broyhill in the early 60s. 
The guy had been keeping it outside and had no idea what he had. 
This was located in a seedy part of town. So I took my pit-bull and a little something extra 
for protection ;)    (Im allowed to do that btw!)

There are so many on craigslist in the natural state, albeit refinished. They look great! But
they dont seem to sell that fast. I find that people like the ones that are painted.
Since this wasnt in pristine shape, I didnt feel so bad painting it. 
                     I chose gray and black for this one. I refinished the top in espresso.
I redid the drawers as well. Everything was a walnut veneer. Remember with veneers, go easy
when you sand, lest you hog all the veneer off!! Ask me how I know this......
  I love how the wood came out! This is a very masculine looking piece, quite 
different from what I usually do. 










Linking up at these great parties:

Restore Interiors - Restored it Wednesday
Kammys Korner - Trash to Treasure Tuesdays
Domestically Speaking - The Power of Paint Party
The Shabby Creek Cottage - Transformation Thursday
Miss Mustardseed - Furniture Feature Friday
Redoux - Friday Link Up Party
Homespun Happenings - Rustic Restorations Weekend
Funky Junk Interiors - Saturday Night Special
1929 Charmer - Sundays Best Party
Knick of Time Interiors - Knick of Time Tuesday
Elizabeth and Co., My uncommon Slice of Suburbia,
Savvy Southern Style. Weds, Beyond the Picket Fence, PJH Designs
From my Front Porch to Yours,  
Between Naps on the Porch, Catch as Catch Can , The Dedicated House, Redoux


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment