Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Media Cabinet Pocket Doors Completed

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
So I was able to get some shop time in today and work on the pocket doors. In my last post, I was making the center door panels. I got those all milled up, door built and ready to go. I used my mock up for a little while back and drilled out the door hinges, mounted the slides and was off to the races. Here is a shot of the two doors mounted and side-by-side.
From MediaCabinet


They overlap about 1/8" in the middle, which is ok as it will allow me some room to trim and true up the doors. Here is a shot of the doors opened.
From MediaCabinet


I sort of messed up when I ordered the hardware because, as you can see, the doors to slide back all the way. When I was ordering them, it was not clear to how much travel they would have, but I got sign off from the boss (wife) that it was fine the way it is.

So, that is all I wanted to get done today, so mission accomplished. I still need to clean the glue from the doors and sand them down a bit. Im in the home stretch though! All I need to do now is mill up all of the shelving, rout the profiles into the top and bottom, add the feet and apply the finish. Here are a couple more shots of the front with the two side swing out doors set into place.
From MediaCabinet


From MediaCabinet


Be Safe!

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment